Have you been the victim of violence within your family environment or (former) relationship? Victim Support Switzerland will help you find a way out of violence, tell you about your rights and point you towards further support for you and your children.
Domestic violence is physical, psychological or sexual violence within a family environment or in a current or past couple relationship.
Examples of domestic violence can be:
- Physical violence towards children by their parents
- Threats or physical violence within a couple
- Stalking by an ex-partner
- Marital rape
- Sexual assault within a family
- Abuse by supervising or caregiving relatives
- Violence by children towards their parents
- The threat or implementation of forced marriage
Are you a victim of domestic violence? Are you not sure what to do next, and are you scared? Do you not know where to turn or who to talk to? Or has someone close to you been the victim of domestic violence, and you’d like to help? Victim Support Switzerland can help.
You can find all victim support services here
What can Victim Support Switzerland do for you?
The professionals at Victim Support Switzerland can help you with the following, for example:
- They will listen as you tell them what has happened to you.
- They will help you work out how to end the violence.
- They will help you decide what to do next – to leave your partner, for example.
- They will point you towards further support by finding a lawyer or psychological or financial assistance, for example.
- They can help you find a safe place for you and your children – a women’s shelter, for example.
More about the services offered by Victim Support Switzerland
Federal Office for Gender Equality: Violence
Federal Office for Gender Equality: Information Sheet on Stalking
Federal Office for Gender Equality: Toolbox Violence